Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thou shall give thanks.

Another year on its end, another list to sum up what's been.

The Highlights of a Leopard Specs World
 

Standing on top of a volcano in Guatemala.
 
Walking into a bar in Mexico and immediately feeling at home when everyone loses their shit to Azelia's 212.
 
Losing my shit to Azelia's live set at Splendour.
 
Flying high as a kite at Smashing Pumpkins.
 
Getting to know Buenos Aires 'streets so well, it feels like home.
 
Staring out at Byron's beautiful blue water.
 
Catching up with old friends across the Pacific Ocean.
 
Letting new friendships bubble and brew and make me feel whole again.
 
Making a new place my home.
 
Adding one more to the family.
 
Giving my chopping board, frying pan and cupcake stand a work-out.
 
Kicking goals in a tumultous day job.
 
Reconnecting with blood in a new city.
 
Getting mistaken for a Brazillian local.
 
Learning how to swing to Ray Charles.
 
Watching my seedlings nourish and grow.
 
Discovering film, beautiful film.
 
Writing and writing and filling my tattered notebooks to the brim once more.
 
Falling in love with him.
Again, and again.
 
 
Life is never easy, and 2012 has seen me say goodbye to a patriarch.
It's seen me kicked around by a much-loved job.
It's seen depression rear its ugly head.
And it's seen me lose good health many times.
 
But hey, what's life without struggle?
 
It's short, it's hard and you have to give it all you got.
 
I'd like to think I accomplished that in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment