Thursday, February 10, 2011

SLIMANE

Looking through Hedi Slimane's photo's is like getting slapped with a bottle of Johhny Walker, black leather and hundreds of cigarrettes.

It's Rock N Roll baby. 

I don't know when or how I first stumbled across Mr Slimane but I'm sure glad I saved his photos on my old PC.

A quick google search tells me his story..

First, he's a Frenchie, but he spends his time in LA too. The 42-year-old fashion designer used to work for the likes of Gucci, Prada and most recently, Christian Dior.
Since stepping away from Dior in 2007, he pursued a more nomadic existence, focusing on his photography and website.
He's collaborated with everyone from Gus Van Sant to Lady Gaga. He's also started a few British bands and is best buds with kids like Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse.

Interesting.. 

I guess ol' Hedi had no choice but to be all about black leather, Johhny Walker and hundreds of cigarettes.







 





Oh look, it's Pete Doherty.






 







Guess who?



Wineo



Abbey Lee



The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment