Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's In a Friend

I first met Sophie G back in 09 when we were both cutting our teeth in the big, scary metropolitan newsroom.



It wasn't hard to warm to her.

She introduced me to the cool, indie people, places, things in my new hood in the inner west.

She told me tales of how Jesus came into her life and rocked her world.

She listened to my raves and rants about how I had once again made a dick of myself at work.

Heck, she's the main reason this blog even exists.

But most of all, she instilled in me the hope that the good guys are still out there. Sophie is one of the good guys. She's genuine and down to earth, and never finishes last. The best part? She don't even know how slick she is.

But alas Sophie G has decided to leave the ABC. To Melbourne, no less.
I'm sure she'll make friends fast because apart from all the good-heartedness, she's actually a pretty cool gal. Here's her blog. Talented creative writer is an understatement. I'm pretty jelly, and you should be too.

Au Revoir Sophie.
Thanks for being my friend.

Post Script: For Soph's farewell present I purchased these lovely little notebooks from Newtown Stationary Store Pentimento.

Introducing Ask Alice..







I bought her a fox card.


There's postcards..


And gift tags too.





Clever Melbournite Sass Cooper is behind these cute little numbers. Everything is produced from 100% recycled paper and printed in vegetable ink so free up that conscience! Super.


3 comments: